- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Lentil Soup with Kale
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large carrots, trimmed peeled and diced
2 cups of brown lentils
8 cups of distilled water
2 14 ½ ounce can of stewed tomatoes or 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced (optional)
6 cups shredded kale leaves only about 1 pound
Fresh ground pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add: onion, garlic, carrots and sauté until soft. (about 5 minutes)
3. Add lentils, water and tomatoes
4. Gently simmer partially covered for 20 minutes.
5. Stir Kale and cook for 15-20 minutes more, or until lentils and kale are tender.
6. You can season soup with a dash of balsamic vinegar and fresh pepper to taste.